BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

ALMOST 4 years ago.....

Dakota will be turning 4 next week! He is so thrilled! We made a birthday chain today to hang up in his room... because every single day it was the same thing over and over. "How many days mom.. huh... how many?" He will still ask me when his birthday is, but that's fine with me!!! Last night I was on the computer (shocked aren't you..LOL) and Dakota was already tucked in bed, teeth brushed, 1 drink given, 2 books read, 2 bears found (a.k.a. Brownie and Buddy), 2 kisses (1 for the lips and 1 for the cheek) and 3 goodnights. When I hear from his room, "Mom I just need 1 more drink" I yell out "Dakota you are fine" to this I hear "but mom I'm soooooo thirsty" and I say "No Dakota you are fine.. GOODNIGHT" so here comes the tears. So I am trying to be the "Supernanny/Kate plus 8" MOM when I say "No you aren't getting anything" He cries and I just sit hoping he wouldn't ask again. When I hear "Mom do you love me?" to which I respond "Yes Dakota I love you" and quietly from the room a little voice squeaks "then why can't I have a drink?" Getting more frustrated I say "Stop Dakota go to sleep" now I hear silence. After about 10 minutes I decide to go check on him and make sure he is not goofing off, when I see him quiet as a mouse sound asleep. I thought "wow, that was pretty easy". I layed my hand on his chest and whispered in his ear.. "Yes Buddy I love you" It was one of those mom moments, you know you have had them. When you cry from being so thankful for those kids and wishing that every child in the world had someone to love them. I went to sleep smiling last night even with my hubby snoring louder than the MP3 player plugged into my ears!! LOL But I was so Thankful for my children, my husband, my extended family who mean so much... and just because of God and who he is to me.

This morning here Dakota comes strolling from his room half asleep as he says "Mom, you never brought me a drink last night" and I ask "what do you want little guy..anything you want" :)

The Birthday Chain!

2 comments:

Homeowners said...

Happy Birthday Buddy!

Kim said...

Awe - Happy "Soon" Birthday little guy...I can't believe he's going to be 4 - WOW - WHERE does the time go??? I love ya Mel - You're an AWESOME mom!!! Can't wait to get together sometime soon! ♥ Me